Friday, July 23, 2010

CSA Meals - Week 9

The most interesting food from Week 9 didn't involve any of our share produce, but it was a delicious dinner.  Davy made me crab cakes, roasted asparagus, and steamed corn on the cob on Monday night, and did a fantastic job with all of it.





The sliced cantaloupe was a refreshing, sweet snack that I looked forward to each time I brought it to work, and all of the peaches from Agriberry were juicy and fragrant. 

On Wednesday night I marinated the zucchini, squash, and onion with lemon juice, olive oil and Texas Heat seasoning.  We baked the vegetables, which is a little variation from the normal grilling or roasting, and they were very tender and flavorful.

Over the weekend I was in Harrisburg for my friend Lyndsey's bridal shower.  I made two salads for it (below) and was able to use some CSA items.  The first salad, a tomato salad, had feta, cucumber, red onion, and a sauce consisting of garlic, olive oil, and basil.  The beautiful heirloom tomatoes were a great base for the other ingredients.  My other dish was a repeat from a few weeks ago - the simple potato salad with green and white beans. 




I brought the cherry tomatoes with me and we had some before dinner on Saturday night with hummus.  The bag of okra went to my dad - he knows how to make it much better than I can, and I knew I wouldn't have a chance to use it before the week was over.


No comments: