Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fudgalicious

Going to the beach often means coping with the repetitive t-shirt and sandal shops, and the endless offerings for salt water taffy, fudge, ice cream, and other treats. Normally I opt for ice cream alone, but last week I got an amazing tip about a chain called The Fudgery.

The geniuses behind this establishment offer various combinations of Edy's ice cream, their own fudge, and candy. I was so excited to try it that I can't remember the exact name of my order, but it was something like "You Put Ice Cream in my Peanut Butter." Brilliant.

It started with chocolate ice cream on a marble slab (think Coldstone's mashing technique) and then a large chunk of chocolate peanut butter fudge was broken into it. The ice cream, which was soft but not runny, just how I like it, was then topped with Reeses Pieces. Amazing and decadent, I know. It was almost too much for me to handle, and I ordered the smallest size. I may have to recreate this spectacular concoction over the winter to remind me of the beach.

No comments: