Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Some people don't enjoy leftovers, but I find myself looking forward to the second night of a fantastic meal, or combining ingredients into a completely different creation. Last night I found myself with the remnants of a delicious grilled feast, though it didn't seem like enough for two full meals. I ended chopping everything and making a big salad, and for some reason it felt like more food than before. Marinated and grilled pork tenderloin, a few leaves of romaine lettuce, an ear of grilled corn, some chickpeas, half a cucumber, and a little tomato made for an interesting and delectable dinner.

Ginger dressing tied it all together, and a refreshing cocktail, the Sweet Sweet Rosie, was an appropriate accompaniment. It's made with a third of a glass of sparkling dessert wine, a few ounces of sparkling water, an ounce of orange juice, a splash of grenadine, a squeeze of lemon and a shot of rum on top. For a slightly different version, the Sweet Rosie, use a dry sparkling wine instead of the dessert version.

I dare anyone to complain about eating the same food two days in a row, or for trying new combinations with random edible items. In fact, I'm counting down the minutes to lunch, which consists of my wonderful lemongrass chicken leftovers.

No comments: