Wednesday, May 09, 2012

CSA 2012

I'd been eagerly anticipating my return to Byrd House Market, and was so happy to see that it's grown since the fall. I was also looking forward to meeting Amy, of Amy's Garden, for the first time. She was warm and enthusiastic, and offered a Hyacinth Bean Vine sprout along with our first share.  This week, we took home:

- strawberries

- mesclun salad mix 

- red Russian kale

- Swiss chard

- baby pac choi

- yellow squash and zucchini

I also purchased fresh eggs from Tuckahoe Lamb and Cattle Co., and couldn't resist Amy's gorgeous peonies (photo courtesy of my good friend Carrie), especially when she told me it was the last week for them. 

The strawberries were bright red, and were quickly consumed last night and this morning. I have a feeling that the rest of this week's produce won't be around for very long either.

No comments: