Thursday, October 20, 2011

CSA Meals - Week 5

I'm almost embarrassed to post about last week because it was so uneventful in terms of vegetables, and I didn't take any pictures.  Davy grilled green beans on Tuesday night to go with some of Keith's venison and goose, and we ate the rest raw as snacks. 


There was tons of basil, and I barely made a dent in it.  I put some in a baked pasta dish that I threw together from ratatouille Davy made for my birthday dinner (sans eggplant), linguine, mozzarella, and parmesan.  


On Thursday we ordered pizza and made a salad and used some of the share tomatoes, which still have great flavor even though they're winding down.  We used the remaining tomatoes in another salad that was my attempt to balance out some delicious fried seafood in Chincoteague.  The candy binge that occurred later that night probably undid any good from the salad, but at least I tried, right?


Davy carried on the makeshift dinner trend on Monday when we decided to have a wine and cheese night.  Again, to offset the rest of the meal, I prepared some mustard greens with onion, garlic, chicken stock, and sesame oil.  We both had to add soy sauce to avoid having our sinuses completely cleared out by the spicy greens.  The rush from eating them was comparable to an intense horseradish flavor, or the fiery sensation one gets from wasabi.  


I froze the okra, and still had plenty of basil and mustard greens to experiment with at the end of the week, and hopefully Week 6 won't be quite as boring. 

No comments: