Friday, April 30, 2010

Miscellaneous

I am currently reading Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China by Fuchsia Dunlop.  It's entertaining and informative, and there are recipes at the end of each chapter.  I'd be lying if I said I haven't been craving Chinese food every day since I started the book.

My craving resulted in a spontaneous trip to Da Lat (we don't have many good Chinese restaurants here), which was worthwhile because it's relatively inexpensive and delicious.  It's also nice to find non-chain restaurants that are close enough to work to visit for lunch.

Davy was gracious enough to cook for me, which will happen more often now that it's warm enough to grill regularly.  We had tilapia, zucchini, and potatoes. 


And this is how we felt near the end of dinner:

1 comment:

Summer said...

haha, very cute!