Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dessert in Film

If you haven't seen Waitress yet, I suggest you get to a theater sometime in the near future - I can't say enough about it. Aside from its quirky cuteness, there are several decadent pies to drool over throughout the movie. Jenna (played by Keri Russell), has a gift for pie making, and she creates pies that epitomize her troubled life: the Marshmallow Mermaid Pie, from the mermaid phase she went through when she was nine; the Strawberry Chocolate Oasis Pie (the Wednesday special); the I Hate My Husband Pie; and the Earl Murders Me Because I'm Having an Affair Pie, each with ingredients to relay Jenna's emotions.

Here is a link to an interesting article about Waitress in The New York Times which has details about the film and the sad story of its writer, Adrienne Shelly.



No comments: