Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CSA Meals - Week 2

Have you ever made something you're not all that fond of, but eaten it anyway, and then been turned off to the idea of it for good? Unfortunately that happened to me during the second week of our share, and I never want to think about french onion for a very long time.  

I was really excited about the recipe from Joy the Baker, but I must have messed up the onions in the process, because they were too wet and not overly "french" tasting. The beautifully browned bread was soggy enough to require a spoon and fork, which was disappointing, and after we finished Davy realized that he'd eaten a whole onion. For some reason that was enough to make both of us slightly queasy.


The failed sandwiches were the only significant cooking effort I made during Week 2. We also consumed a pizza from whole foods, salads, roasted summer squash and zucchini.


I did manage to medium-boil some eggs, and they added a lot to a lunch salad that also included quinoa and feta cheese.



I suppose not every week can be exceptional, and the following one turned out to be a vast improvement, primarily because we didn't eat anything resembling a popular soup flavor.

No comments: